Special Education Teacher (2021-22 School Year)
Company: Henderson Collegiate
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Who We AreHenderson Collegiate is a mission-driven public
college preparatory school located in rural Henderson, NC with an
unrelenting focus on character development and student achievement.
We believe in 51% character and 49% academics, as we will never
sacrifice a moment to teach our students character traits that will
help them become great people.
Our school serves students that come from traditionally underserved
communities (approximately 85% receive free or reduced-price meals,
and about 94% are students of color). -However, we consistently
rank in the top -9.7% of all NC schools and the top 1.3% of all NC
Title I schools. - -Henderson Collegiate is committed to the idea
that all students can learn and create a future for themselves that
is full of opportunities. We know they can do this by attending and
graduating from the colleges of their choice. Our students are
proving what is possible and to date, 100% of our seniors have been
accepted into a 4-year college or university. - -
We are both a team and family who leverage passionate people to be
the best teachers and leaders that they can be. We believe in the
idea that all of our staff members are school teachers, as opposed
to classroom teachers, meaning that no matter your role, we are all
willing to do whatever it takes to support all Henderson Collegiate
students. We work together to make what most people say is
Who You Are
- A -go-getter -that will move mountains to do what is best for
our students and team
- An -encourager -who knows that with learning comes joy, love
- A -reflective educator -who recognizes the power and potential
within all students and strives to provide them with culturally
- A -life-long learner -that continuously strives to be a better
version of themselves through learning, improving and being hungry
- A -gritty problem-solver -who approaches challenges with smart
solutions in mind
- A -finisher -who plans backwards to meet timelines and manage
complex projects and who keeps in mind both the big picture and the
details necessary to make things happen
- A -data-driven analyst -who reflects and takes swift action
based on results
- A -proactive communicator -who reaches out to students,
families, and teammates
What You'll Do
- Bring it. -Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve
ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your
best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing
- Own and develop your own content and curriculum. -Do the
intellectual preparation needed to create and develop rigorous
assessments, unit plans, lesson plans, and instructional materials;
demonstrate expertise in and a genuine passion for curriculum that
is contagious to students. -
- Deliver strong. -Dynamically lead students in whole-class and
small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love
of learning in students, and adjust instruction using qualitative
and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet
differentiated student needs.
- Reach higher - and sweat the small stuff. -Develop, uphold, and
implement Henderson Collegiate's values, policies, and systems to
effectively manage a classroom and consistently lead students to
meet sky-high academic and character-based expectations.
- Never stop growing. -Offer and receive constructive feedback
from colleagues in order to create a professional working
atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant
improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual
professional development, including pre-service training over the
summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Spread the love. -Build deep relationships with students,
families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community.
Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student
progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate
closely with teammates in the united pursuit of Henderson
The Fine Print
- Required: -All candidates must have a Bachelor's degree.
- Required: Special Education certification (in progress or
- Preferred: -Prior experience teaching and working in a
low-income community is preferred but not required.
- Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate based on
experience. Additionally, Henderson Collegiate offers a full
benefits package. Teachers receive a laptop computer and are
provided with classroom technology and software.
- We believe in going the extra mile for students and as a result
our school day is longer than many other schools. The school day
for students is from 7:40 am to 4:15 pm, and staff members are
expected to be at school beginning at 7:20am until 5:30pm.
- At this time, we are unable to sponsor candidates who are
looking to apply for an H1B Visa. The timeline for this process
does not work with our school year and would leave a gap for our
students and their learning.
Keywords: Henderson Collegiate, Durham , Special Education Teacher (2021-22 School Year), Education / Teaching , Henderson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!