Sr Principal Wireless Communications Systems Engineer
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Hello! To apply to the job you were interested in, please create
a Workday account, if you already have an account please sign in.
Sr Principal Wireless Communications Systems Engineer Business
Unit:Cubic Mission SolutionsCompany Details:Cubic offers an
opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and
commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their
future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and
information technology and services for intelligent travel
solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat
training systems, secure communications and networking and highly
specialized support services for military and security forces of
the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit
and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you
about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by
technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment,
teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore
opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:Job Summary: The candidate
will work as part of a radio design team, interacting closely with
systems, software and RF front end engineers to develop new radio
solutions. Work independently as a technical consultant or project
leader, applies engineering principles, procedures and techniques
to perform systems level engineering assignments related to the
development of telecom 5G and New Space electronic and software
intensive systems and subsystems. Works closely with other
engineering disciplines to ensure interdisciplinary communication
and coordination. Provides technical guidance, leadership and
supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business.
This position typically works under limited supervision and
direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise
discretionary and substantial decision-making authority. This is a
unique opportunity to work on development for a ground-breaking
wireless telecommunication system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical direction to systems engineering programs,
team members and managers. Outlines and communicates the most
appropriate technical approach for business development activities.
Determines the technical direction and strategy for solving
complex, significant or major issues.
- Derive requirements, conceptualize, define, design & prototype
systems engineering solutions
- Identifies, investigates and resolves technical issues.
- Plans and evaluates architectural design, reviews system
performance, and identifies technical risks and associated ways to
mitigate those risks.
- Communicates technical advancements through briefings and
technical papers to co-workers, management staff, customers, and
technical community, as appropriate.
- Maintains state-of-the-art awareness in areas of technical
expertise such as changes, advancements and improvements. Applies
expertise to all areas of systems engineering.
- Analyzes system design problems and performs design
- Develops algorithms and plans, conducts and directs research
- Develops and applies advanced systems methods, theories and
- Directs, coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing
of proposal documents.--
- Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, time and alternative
- Provides functional or resource planning guidance to program,
engineering and management staff.
- Interfaces with team members, management staff, customers,
subcontractors and vendors.
- Solves complex and difficult engineering problems.
- Coordinates engineering activities between disciplines.
- Identifies systems engineering process improvements and
enforces the execution of them across the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows applicable policies and
procedures governing work assignments.
- Participates in or may lead a team effort to solve engineering
problems or develop improved engineering processes.Minimum Job
- US Citizenship.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of
twelve years of related experience, or a master's degree with ten
years of experience.
- Familiarity with 4G & 5G cellular wireless systems and Network
from major OEMs such as Ericsson, Nokia,---or Alcatel.
- Configuration and integration of RAN radio equipment and
backhaul technologies such as microwave/satellite with EPC core
- Familiarity with FPGA and RTL design including hardware
- Good knowledge and understanding across various engineering
principles that apply to wireless communications systems (RF, DSP,
FPGA, software, digital/hardware, mechanical/packaging) and their
- Good written and oral communication skills.--
- Ability to use personal computer software such as spreadsheets
and word processing programs.--
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, subcontractors
and vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels
both within and outside of the engineering organization.--
- In depth knowledge of customer needs and competing
- Must be able to work under project deadline pressures, and
associated cost and schedule constraints.Additional desired skills:
- Prior experience with active antenna arrays (ESA, MIMO)
- Familiarity with calibration algorithms for distributed antenna
systems and phased arrays
- Hands on experience in designing and validating 4G & 5G DSP
blocks including CFR & DPD
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.Worker Type:Employee Full time REQ_26165
About Us Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major
businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS) and Cubic Mission
and Performance Solutions (CMPS). At Cubic Mission and Performance
Solutions (CMPS) we provide networked Command, Control,
Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and
Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence,
security and commercial missions and is a leading provider of live,
virtual, constructive and game-based (LVC-G) training solutions for
the U.S. and allied forces. Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS) is a
leading integrator of payment, information technology and services
for intelligent travel solutions. Our mission is "Intelligent
travel made real," it means that CTS empowers people on the move,
throughout the world, by applying intelligent systems to address
the serious problems of demand and congestion. Today we have
leading products in fare collection, mobile, traffic control and
traffic management. As our world and our customers look to recover
and reopen in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed
to advance transportation's role in creating resilient cities that
promote excellence, prosperity and equity. While there are
meaningful challenges in the short term, our customers' needs to
address mobility challenges with innovative technology remain a
priority and a necessity. We are forging ahead with our roadmap to
deliver revolutionary transport management solutions to cities
around the globe. We prioritise product development and this,
alongside our existing market-leading portfolio of traffic
solutions positions us well to tackle these challenges. Cubic is
proud to have a presence in over 60 countries and employ over 6,000
people worldwide. We are committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer. We are committed to
ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color,
religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or
veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.--
To learn more about Cubic please follow us via our social media
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Durham , Sr Principal Wireless Communications Systems Engineer, Education / Teaching , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!