Company: Duke Health
Posted on: March 28, 2020
REPORTS TO: Director, Pla PURPOSE: In support of a department or
group of professionals, regularly required to resolve moderately
complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently or with
others. Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are
typically diverse and advanced.
- Maintain positive relationships and up to date contacts with
internal and external executives to coordinate and accomplish
planning objectives to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced, and
available resources are utilized to meet goals and work plans.
- Coordinate with leadership offices across Duke Health.
Coordinate and administer retreats, major meeting, and
teleconference activity for planning initiatives, ensuring that
attendees are available and that the meeting or teleconferencing
space is available and set-up prior to conferencing time.
- Make recommendations for solutions to identified problems or
areas of improvement. Provide administrative assistance to
departmental staff within Strategic Planning to support the
accomplishment of program goals and objectives. Work with outside
consultants regarding meetings with the Strategic Planning team and
other senior leader offices across Duke Health.
- Support Certificate of Need functions to include support
preparation of applications for state submission, maintaining the
CON database, tracking CON progress reports and contacting various
internal stakeholders to receive updates for CON applications.
- Answer telephone; greet callers and assist them with general
problems or complaints; answer questions concerning department
policies and procedures; act as office receptionist.
- Schedule or arrange activities effectively; make and confirm
travel arrangements as necessary; make appointments within
- File and retrieve records in accordance with established
procedures and filing systems; research lost or missing records in
accordance with established procedures; verify information against
existing records; post information to records or ledgers.
- Match records against source documents to verify accuracy of
records and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate
system; resolve discrepancies in records by contacting appropriate
office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and following
through on changing any errors in documentation.
- Review, verify and evaluate various records and reports in
accordance with procedures; identify and resolve discrepancies,
contacting appropriate source of information; maintain various
accounting and budgetary records; review and reconcile transactions
and initiate accounting documents in accordance with standard
- Order and issue supplies as appropriate.
- Screen, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and
documents; respond to or process mail or documents in accordance
with departmental procedures.
- Perform routine clerical and typing tasks involved in
processing varied office materials such as form letters,
requisitions, memoranda, and reports or summaries.
- Prepare and/or compose routine and general correspondence in
accordance with established procedures.
- Independently prepare more complex documentation, reports,
charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designate intervals and as
- Coordinate special projects.
- Research budget variance and follow up to resolve issues.
- Develop advanced presentation materials.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and
travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements.
- Act as a liaison between the department and external
- Explain policy/procedures to other parties based on knowledge
of the company and department guidelines.
- Collect, compile and analyze moderately complex data and
- Responsible for supporting Directors busy calendars, as well as
coordinating with internal and external constituents Services to
support the accomplishment of program objectives.
- Coordinate mail, telephones, faxes, copies, etc.
- Maintain files and filing, including sensitive and confidential
- Provide cross-coverage support for other administrative
personnel on team.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage complex
- Knowledge of department policies, procedures and goals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, highly
organized with attention to detail, and strong interpersonal
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team to complete
- Ability to professionally interact with, and work with
Executives, Physicians and staff members.
Education High school education or equivalent.
Two years of administrative support experience of increasing
variety and/or complexity. DUHS experience strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
N/A ( Must maintain compliance with all mandatory DUHS policies,
training, and health/safety requirements.)
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, Administration, Clerical , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!