ADMINISTRATIVE COORD, PRATT-ENGINEERING MASTER'S PROGRAM
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust
by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America's
leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina,
Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is
ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work
and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct
research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional
schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest
private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international
programs in more than 150 countries.
Provide project management for new programs and initiatives for the
Engineering Masters Programs (EMP) and provide administrative
management for all Engineering Masters Programs. This position
makes operational and programmatic decisions that have a
significant impact on the successful achievement of EMP program
strategies and objectives; develops, administers, and evaluates
project management plans to advance masters student programs;
engages with faculty, staff, and students on issues of a complex
and confidential nature; provides budget management and human
resources coordination for EMP administration and Graduate Student
Programs and Services (GSPS).
This position reports jointly to and works closely with the
Associate Dean for Masters Programs and the Senior Associate Dean
for Finance & Administration and collaborates with a wide variety
of stakeholders to develop exceptional programs and provide
effective administrative coordination.
Project & Program Management (60%)
- Provide project management for the development and
implementation of new masters programs (ex: FinTech, Cybersecurity,
AI/ML) and other initiatives (ex: professional education, summer
institute, online education). This includes oversight of all
academic and administrative program requirements and approvals,
development of program implementation plan, and adherence to
- Assist with developing academic and industry partnerships for
the development and implementation of new masters programs (ex:
FinTech, AI/ML) and other initiatives (ex: professional education,
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare and update an
annual EMP administrative activity calendar including relevant
financial and HR deadlines as well as significant program events
and milestone (graduation, orientation, drop/add, etc.).
- Interpret departmental policies and procedures, making
decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions
in the name of the departmental and divisional head in accordance
with departmental precedents and policies.
- Assist with special projects as needed in collaboration with
the Associate Dean for Masters Programs and Senior Associate Dean
for Education and Learning Innovation.
- Participate in EMP-wide events including admitted student day,
graduation, orientation, etc.
Financial Management (25%)
- Prepare all Master's financial reports on a monthly basis
including reports tracking revenue and expenses for Engineering
Masters codes including, Masters Administration, MEMP, d-MEMP,
FinTech, GSPS, and any associated new programs or related sponsored
- Analyze monthly expense reports and project any EOY overages;
follow up as necessary with individual fund code managers to ensure
all units manage within their assigned budget.
- Participate in and/or lead as appropriate annual EMP budget
process; ensure appropriate values are entered into the budgeting
and general ledger systems.
- Prepare Master's Administration, MEMP, DMEMP, FinTech and other
academic program budgets; assess past years expenditures, YTD
expenditures and propose next year's budget.
- In collaboration with unit leaders, lead GSPS budget
- Prepare Peer tuition assessment, submit the tuition request to
Senior Associate Dean for Finance & Administration, review
subsequent communications and meet annually with the Bursar to
discuss programs, tuition and fees.
- Prepare regular enrollment tracking reports for use by senior
leadership in collaboration with team members.
- Facilitate quarterly (at a minimum) budget review meetings with
all EMP areas.
- Manage all financial aid tracking and reconciliation for
- Prepare masters tuition revenue and departmental return
analysis each semester.
- Prepare annual saving report for Boeing's Learning Together
- Work with Student Records Coordinator to develop reports
tracking student enrollment; develop financial projections based on
- Serve as departmental liaison with administrative personnel
concerning University policies and procedures, grant administration
and budgetary preparation and control.
- Prepare EMP fall and spring variance estimates.
- Prepare financial models for new program proposals.
- Oversee financial administration of the Engineering Masters
Programs including p-cards, check requests, purchase orders, etc.
Represent EMP at relevant meetings; solely attend and represent EMP
at Business Manager Meeting.
HR Management (15%)
- Oversee student hiring, payroll and tracking process so that it
is efficient and effective.
- Manage EMP faculty recruitment and onboarding process.
- Prepare faculty appointment and compensation letters; process
the necessary HR and payroll documents to ensure appointment and
compensation is up to date in all Duke systems.
- Manage annual faculty review process.
- Manage annual staff review process; prompt EMP for PEP annual
and semi-annual reviews; facilitate 360 reviews as necessary.
- Manage staff hiring process; facilitate appropriate new staff
- Supervise and coordinate work of designated employees; manage
personnel activities to meet University and departmental
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required of personnel so
Education Work requires a general business background generally
equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience
to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and
budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities. A
master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for
2 years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , ADMINISTRATIVE COORD, PRATT-ENGINEERING MASTER'S PROGRAM, Administration, Clerical , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!