Posted on: November 19, 2023
This position is responsible for global sourcing strategy and
supplier management supporting indirect service categories across.
This category includes contracting for services for HR, Finance,
Professional Services, IT/Telecom, Logistics, Building and
Facilities, Real Estate and Travel across the globe. This position
directs enterprise strategy within the category and develops
proposals in support of strategic business decisions.
- This position will involve direct supervision of a team of
Project Managers and Project Analysts. This includes hiring,
coaching, scheduling/delegating work, conducting performance
reviews and determining pay/promotions. Essential Job Duties:
- The key responsibilities include providing global category
leadership and developing a team of Project Directors and Project
Analysts to support the category sourcing needs.Leading the
Sourcing and Procurement team, who:
- Provide high value procurement solutions to the business and
category strategies; support third party vendor selection, vendor
development, technology management and performance measurement
- Ensure best-in-class delivery of services in the named
sub-categories and all technical projects to realize year-on-year
productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements
in close collaboration with the customers in the business.
- Develop proposals for strategic business decisions and provide
support of internally-versus-buy options.
- Leading negotiations and strategy for the assigned category to
support over $400M in annualized spend.
- Vendor first-point-of-contact and governance oversight
- Internal customer vendor engagement
- Accountable for development and implementation of the
individual category procurement strategy in alignment with business
- Responsible for development and execution of robust category
strategies that meet the needs of multiple cross divisional
stakeholders as well as drive exceptional value for LabCorp and the
- Oversees strategic supplier relationship management for Tier 1
and Tier 2 suppliers, organization and execution of regular
Business Review Meetings and drive execution of action items.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of relationships
with global strategic vendors, ensuring continuous improvement,
spend/cost transparency and cross-divisional account management
with Tier 1 suppliers.
- Proactively supports the business in assessing of new
innovative/technology-driven vendors through networking,
cold-calls, conferences, etc.
- Serves as a Primary Business Partner with one or more assigned
line functions representing Procurement on stakeholder Leadership
teams, strategic business reviews and budget planning.
- Accountable for segmentation of the supplier base and approval
of new vendors within the segment.
- Oversees and may negotiate and finalize Master Service
- With the appropriate business and finance teams:
- Accountable for productivity and savings planning as well as
ensuring the procurement participation in the annual budgeting
planning for the category.
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the category savings
targets for all Divisions following the target setting
- Accountable for compliance with all the applicable policies,
procedures, and regulatory guidelines in accordance with the
applicable law.Minimum Required: 10-15 years healthcare industry
expertise (or relevant) experience sourcing IT related goods and
services for life sciences with direct interaction with
senior-level and executive level decision makers. Deep experience
and relationships in the supplier/manufacturer community that
support indirect IT services categories that support clinical
trials and contractors/sub-contractors that provide supply to large
biopharma companies.Recommended:Bachelor s degree in sourcing,
manufacturing, supply chain or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated communication and technical retention skills
- Ability to manage teams and stakeholders
- Strong working relationship with internal LabCorp management
and global leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement and Sourcing, preferably
in IT indirect goods and services with demonstrated Procurement and
- Working understanding of fundamental quality and regulatory
- Track record of excellent cross-functional negotiating skills
- Experience in developing and managing a Supplier Relationship
Management program, that brought significant savings and other
advantages to the organization.
- Experience in Risk Management and Strategic Sourcing
- Demonstrable ability of continuously improve supply chain
performance and to consistently achieve KPI targets for service,
cost, and quality.
- Experience conceiving, creating, and delivering business
presentations to senior management.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills; strong
organizational skills with a focus on details and strong analytical
skills; demonstrated track record leading teams required.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, strong listening skills
and written/verbal communication abilities. Effective in working
with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Strong business acumen with commercial and scientific
- Ability to build trustful relationships and to work
collaboratively across multiple functions and stakeholders.Labcorp
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA employer,
Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and
does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make
employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the
qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy
or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal
appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to
apply.For more information about how we collect and store your
personal data, please see our Privacy Statement. Associated topics:
analyst, chief marketing officer, demand generation, donor,
marketplace, product market, regulatory, relationship, twitter,
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , Senior Director, Accounting, Auditing , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!