Senior Data Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description:The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technology related field
(e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- Extensive experience in Data engineering, Data Modeling and
- Extensive experience in large warehouse environment using
Oracle/ Exadata as a source.
- Extensive Experience in Pl-SQL and Informatica ETL.
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based Architecture (AWS,
GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with OBIEE/Reporting Tool is a plus.
- Platform Architect who will be responsible for leading a team
of experienced developers to provide platform stability and
oversight in coordination with WI Data Governance, Database
Administration, Production Support, and various business and
development squads leveraging the platform.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a
variety of internal and external technology teams.
- Strong problem resolution skills required.
- Critical thinking and the ability to work in an agile
- Demonstrated technology and personal leadership experience in
architecting, designing, and building highly scalable analytical
and reporting applications.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads,
product owners, enterprise architects and other functional
- Can provide leadership and mentorship across small, agile teams
in a very collaborative environment where your ideas are
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to analyze business
direction and problems, understand long term vision and risk in
developing strategic technical solutions.The Value You Deliver
- Acting as an expert for our development partners providing
documentation, reference code and roadmaps for automation, ETL/ELT
pipelines and the data strategy that includes database design.
- Protect the stability of a critical shared environment by
pro-actively monitoring current and proposed use to ensure they can
- Making authoritative decisions over technical issues, project
policies, standards, and strategies.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the architecture space and
become a trusted partner within the Workplace Investing and the
Enterprise architecture community.
- Assist in developing Chapter technical policies and
proceduresThe TeamFidelity's Workplace Investing Reporting and
Analytics chapter is seeking an Architect to play a key role in
maintaining and enhancing an existing Exadata Data Warehouse
platform and subsequent migration to Snowflake on AWS. This person
will provide technical leadership and oversight, provide
architecture recommendations, work with technical partners, and
assist developers, business analysts, and testers as needed. The
role demands significant collaboration with members of various
business and IT groups throughout the lifecycle of a typical
project. Our engineering teams are innovative, diverse,
hardworking, and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile
environment.Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is
a privately held company with a mission -to strengthen the
financial well-being of our clients. -We help people invest and
plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit
organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we
provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and
technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join
UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a
meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including
yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you
through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at
work and at home. Honored with a -, we have been recognized by our
employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a
finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of
opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've
always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work
flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs
with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "."We
invite you to -Find Your Fidelity -at -.Fidelity Investments is an
equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way
to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an
enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will
reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need
adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to -, or by calling
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3. We welcome those with experience
in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and
Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and
Technology to apply.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Durham , Senior Data Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!