Company: Duke Corporate Education
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Summary:The Staff Accountant performs day-to-day
general accounting, reporting and analysis across multiple global
entities and functional areas. This role will be responsible for
specific tasks and transactions, will be involved in process
improvement initiatives, and will perform other non-routine
assignments.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular general ledger and period end activities
including, but not limited to, posting journal entries, reviewing
and adjusting the trial balance, calculating accruals and
deferrals, performing balance sheet reconciliations and balance
sheet account analysis.
- Perform assigned accounting operations including but not
limited to cash and banking, fixed asset accounting, accounts
payables, accounts receivable, travel expenses, corporate credit
cards, and taxes.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documentation for journal
entries, adjustments, accruals, account balances and other such
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities including,
but not limited to, posting journal entries, reviewing and
adjusting the trial balance, calculating accruals and deferrals,
performing balance sheet reconciliations and balance sheet account
- Review and analyze monthly results and assist in the
preparation of monthly or ad-hoc presentation materials.
- Maintain documentation of current controls, processes,
practices and workflows.
- Furnish data to support entity-level and consolidated operating
- Prepare presentation materials for Management, Boards of
Directors, Town Halls and other Firm events.
- Prepare audit schedules and analyses.
- Partner with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to
troubleshoot and resolve accounting and reporting issues.
- Recommend accounting process and workflow improvements.
- Participate in special projects to improve process efficiency
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Project Management Skills
- Able to set priorities, organize and manage multiple tasks
- Anticipates needs; takes proactive approach to work
- Meets deadlines; manages time effectively
- Strong attention to details; focused on quality
- Client Relationship Management
- Ability to communicate effectively across functions and/or
geographies within the organization
- High client services orientation
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow-through
- Financial Management Skills
- Understanding of US GAAP; exposure to IFRS
- Able to anticipate, identify, resolve and effectively
communicate financial issues
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Proficient in appropriate ERP systems; able to learn and work
in various databases and systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in corporate accounting and/or
- Preference given to candidates with experience in the global
finance function of a multi-location, multi-national corporation,
or the equivalent exposure in a public accounting firm.
- Preference given to candidates with professional services
Keywords: Duke Corporate Education, Durham , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!