Company: Polarean Imaging plc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The CompanyPolarean Imaging plc and its wholly owned subsidiary,
Polarean, Inc. are revenue-generating, medical drug-device
combination companies operating in the high-resolution medical
imaging market. We develop equipment that enables existing MRI
systems to achieve an improved level of pulmonary function imaging
and specializes in the use of hyperpolarized Xenon gas (129 Xe) as
an imaging agent to visualize ventilation. 129Xe gas is currently
being studied for visualization of gas exchange regionally in the
smallest airways of the lungs, the tissue barrier between the lung,
and the bloodstream and in the pulmonary vasculature. Xenon gas
exhibits solubility and signal properties that enable it to be
imaged within other tissues and organs.
The RoleThe--Accountant--is responsible for performing the
day-to-day accounting functions for the company. Position is
located in the Durham office, but has flexibility for some at home
work. We would also consider a 30 hour work week for the right
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform month-end accounting close activities
- Financial analysis, journal entries, and accruals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts including supporting
statements or other documents, makes appropriate adjustments
- Prepare and record entries by compiling and analyzing account
- Prepares financial reports and analysis for management,
including an explanation of variances.
- Reconciles credit card statements and ensures proper support is
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording,
verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payables
- Invoices customers for sales and follows up on outstanding
- Receives vendor invoices, seeks proper approval and enters into
the accounting system.
- Manages W-9s for all vendors and follows proper protocol for
establishing new vendors
- Manages all inventory
- Prepares and tracks purchase orders
- Performs period inventory counts and reconciliations
- Prepares and submits payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Submits 401k payments
- Assists with support for external auditors
- Maintains internal controls and compliance with company
policies and with GAAP
- Assumes additional responsibilities and assist with special
projects as needed or directed.
This is an office based position in Durham, NC--ORGANIZATIONAL
RELATIONSHIPSReports directly to the
ControllerQUALIFICATIONSEXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5 years of experience--REQUIRED SKILLSET
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect
ability to perform & prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with
excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & maintain a high
standard of confidentiality
- Highly proficient technical skills including Microsoft Office
Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Pharmaceutical or biotech experience is a plus, but not
Keywords: Polarean Imaging plc., Durham , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!