Corporate Account Analyst - System Accounting
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: February 25, 2021
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.The-Corporate
Account Analyst compiles and analyzes financial information,
regularly reconciles general ledger accounts, and monitors patient
receivable data to determine adequacy of
1. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
Prepares assigned components of the monthly consolidated financial
statement package, calculates financial statistics and ratios.
2. Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
net assets, income and expense, and prepares balance sheet profit
and loss statements, and other reports to summarize current and
projected company financial position.
3. Develops reserves methodology for estimating allowance for
doubtful accounts and contractual allowances. Applies methodology
to appropriate data to record these allowances. Monitors and
analyzes patient receivable data to determine adequacy of these
4. Routinely reconciles general ledger accounts to the appropriate
subsidiary ledgers or other source documentation and causing
reconciling items to be cleared.
5. Records, monitors and reports on activity of Rex investment
portfolio. Monitors financial systems to ensure accuracy and
performance. Documents and coordinates implementation of accounting
and accounting control procedures.
6. Facilitates periodic audits and tax compliance activities with
external accounting firm.
7. Serves as a liaison between Rex and third parties such as
financial institutions and/or service providers.
8. Assists internal customers with accounting and finance issues
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or
- Preferred: CPA.
- With a Bachelor's degree, three (3) years of related experience
- With an Associate's degree, eight (8) years of related
experience and/or training.-
- With a High School Diploma/GED, twelve (12) years of related
experience and/or training.
- Prior experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and Crystal
Reporting preferred.LANGUAGE SKILLS-- Ability to read, analyze, and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
public.-MATHEMATICAL SKILLS-- Ability to work with mathematical
concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and
fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability
to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations.-REASONING ABILITY-- Job
requires creativity and innovative thinking to develop new ideas
for answers to work-related projects as well as the ability to
analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues
and problems. Job requires the ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Durham , Corporate Account Analyst - System Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!